GwE is the Regional School Effectiveness Service for North Wales and works in partnership
with the six Local Authorities (Anglesey,
Gwynedd, Conwy, Denbighshire, Wrexham
and Flintshire) to improve standards of education and improved
outcomes for pupils by ensuring
effective leadership at all
levels and quality teaching and learning in
Following publication of the Hill report in April 2013, Welsh Government accepted the recommendation that four Consortia across Wales should be created and be responsible for improving standards and school improvement. The four Consortia are:
· GwE (Gwasanaeth Effeithiolrwydd) – North Wales
· ERW (Ein Rhanbarth ar Waith) –South West and Mid Wales
· CSC (Central South Consortium) – Central South Wales
· EAS (Education Achievement Service) – South East Wales
The first Managing
Director for GwE, Mr. Huw Foster Evans, was appointed
in September 2013.
GwE’s vision is to develop a world class system of education where every pupil within the region will be able to access consistently high quality teaching in all classrooms and where all schools, wherever their geographical location, will be led by excellent leaders. To achieve this vision, GwE will work with schools and all stakeholders to robustly and effectively support, challenge and monitor performance at all levels and to target support in proportion to the need that is identified and to work towards the creation of a sustainable, self-improving school system.
GwE aims to provide North Wales with an efficient and effective, fully bilingual service in order to raise standards and make a difference for children and young people. It aims to:
· maintain firm new systems for performance in order to improve efficiency;
· raise standards - improve literacy and numeracy;
· promote well-being; raise aspirations, improve pupils' resilience as learners;
· improve outcomes and reduce variation between and within schools;
the intention being to ensure the moral purpose of education, support educational improvement in schools and support the development of leadership within schools and governing bodies.
Business and Finance Manager,