Decision Maker: North Wales Economic Ambition Board
Decision status: Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. To adopt the proposed position statement as set out in section 5.1 of the report on how the Growth Deal projects will deliver against regional, Welsh Government and UK Government aspirations on climate and ecological change, with the following adaptations:-
· To amend the second bullet point to read "deliver at least 40% less embodied carbon”.
· To amend the third bullet point to read "deliver at least 10% net benefit for biodiversity”.
· Delete the final sentence, namely "The Portfolio Management Office will work with project sponsors to deliver the best affordable solution for each project”.
2. To note that all Growth Deal projects will need to set out to what degree they will deliver against the position statement and any relevant mitigations as part of the business case approval process.
3. To delegate to the Portfolio Director, authority to determine the appropriate means of implementation and measurement across the portfolio and to note that this will require external expertise to be commissioned to support the Portfolio Management Office.
Publication date: 26/03/2021
Date of decision: 26/03/2021
Decided at meeting: 26/03/2021 - North Wales Economic Ambition Board