Venue: Hybrid - Siambr Dafydd Orwig, Swyddfeydd y Cyngor, Caernarfon LL55 1SH. View directions
Contact: Lowri Haf Evans 01286 679 878 Email: email@example.com
To accept any apologies for absence.
DECLARATION OF PERSONAL INTEREST AND PROTOCOL MATTERS
To receive any declaration of personal interest and to note protocol matters.
To note any items that are a matter of urgency in the view of the Chairman for consideration.
The Chairman shall propose that the minutes of the previous meeting of this committee, held on 23rd October 2023, be signed as a true record.
To submit the report of the Head of Environment Department.
Erection of a new Aldi foodstore (Use Class A1), car park, access, servicing and landscaping
LOCAL MEMBER: Councillor Elin Hywel
2. In accordance with the approved plans.
3. Materials in accordance with the plans unless otherwise agreed in advance with the Local Planning Authority.
4. Retail conditions to restrict floor space area, no subdivision into smaller units.
5. Shop opening times.
6. Control of delivery times.
7. Highways conditions in terms of completing the access, lane work, parking spaces and preventing surface water.
8. Public protection conditions in terms of ventilation system/heat recovery unit, noise levels from mechanical equipment, barrier on the goods delivery bay.
9. Building Control Plan
10. Adhere to the mitigation measures in the Air Quality Assessment.
11. Undertake the work in accordance with the landscaping plan and Soft Landscaping Maintenance and Management Plan, a need to replant within a period of five years.
12. Welsh language improvement/mitigation measures/bilingual signage.
13. In accordance with the lighting plan.
14. In accordance with the Ecological Survey Report.
15. In accordance with the Environmental Management Plan.
1. Large-scale development
3. Highways - powers under Section 171/184 of the Highways Act 1980
4. Observations from Welsh Water
5. Observations from Public Protection
6. Observations from NRW
Full application for the erection of seven dwellings along with associated works to include improvement to the existing access, associated internal access road and landscaping.
LOCAL MEMBER: Councillor Beca Roberts
DECISION: To delegate powers to approve the application subject to receiving a red book valuation of the houses to be able to determine a discount on the affordable homes, a 106 affordable housing agreement and conditions relating to the following:
1. Commencement within five years
2. Development to comply with the approved plans
3. Use Welsh roofing slates or similar slates
4. Agree on external materials
5. Removal of Permitted Development Rights from the affordable units to ensure their affordability
6. Welsh Water Condition
7. Highways Conditions
8. The recommendations of the Preliminary Ecological Assessment must be observed
9. The recommendations of the Arboriculture Assessment must be observed
10. Landscaping conditions
11. The recommendations of the Contaminated Land Risk Assessment must be observed
12. A Welsh name for the housing estate and individual houses
13. Restrict the use to C3 use class only
Note - Welsh Water
Sustainable Drainage System
Vary condition 5 on planning permission C21/0575/00/LL so that 3 of the dwellings must be used for residential use within class C3 and 3 of the dwellings used for either use class C3 or use class C6
LOCAL MEMBER: Councillor Rob Triggs
The proposal to amend the condition to use 3 of the
units for holiday accommodation C6 use class is unacceptable on the basis that
the combined number of second homes and holiday accommodation in the Barmouth
Town Council area is 18.40%, which is over the threshold of 15% and is
considered to be an over-provision in the Supplementary Planning Guidance:
Single Storey Extension to create day / training room and Office
LOCAL MEMBER: Councillor Cai Larsen
DECISION: To approve
1. Five years to commence the work.
2. In accordance with plans.
3. Any changes or upgrades to the foul water drainage system must be agreed prior to using the extension.
4. Finish to match with the existing building.
5. Biodiversity Enhancements
Welsh Water Letter