Venue: Meeting Room, Frondeg, Pwllheli, LL53 5RE.. View directions
Contact: Lowri Haf Evans 01286 679 878 Email: email@example.com
To receive any apologies for absence.
None to note
DECLARATION OF PERSONAL INTEREST
To receive any declaration of personal interest.
None to note
To note any items that are a matter of urgency in the view of the Chairman for consideration.
None to note
Glass Butter Beach Festival
To consider the above application
The panel and the officers were introduced to everyone present. It was announced that everybody had up to 10 minutes to share their observations on the application.
On behalf of the premises: Mr Mark Durston (applicant)
Local Members: Councillor Angela Russell (Llanbedrog) and R. H. Wyn Williams – Abersoch.
Others in attendance: Inspector Dewi Owen (North Wales Police), Ian Williams (Licensing Officer - North Wales Police), Euron Thomas (Senior Environmental Health Officer)
The report and recommendation of the Licensing Section.
a) A report was submitted to the Licensing Manager detailing the application to vary the premises licence for Glass Butter Beach, Carreg y Defaid, Llanbedrog in relation to the sale of alcohol, recorded music, live music, dance performance, showing of films and plays, any other entertainment and the supply of late night refreshment. It was noted that the Licensing Authority was satisfied that the application had been presented in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003 and the relevant regulations.
It was highlighted that an existing licence for the event at the present location had been in place since 2014, and attention was drawn to the details of the proposed hours along with the event hours on the existing licence.
Some background information to the Festival was presented and the main reasons for submitting the application anew were highlighted.
· The intention is to expand the Festival to receive an audience of up to 9,999
· extend the weekend to include managed entertainment and other licensed activities
· begin the licensed activities earlier on the Thursday afternoon, supplying alcohol one hour later on the Thursday evening (until 00:30), but bring other licensed activities (with the exception of the provision of late night refreshments) to an end at midnight, as in the current licence.
· supply alcohol until two hours later on the Friday and Saturday nights until 02:00
· have an extra half an hour for other licensed activities including live and recorded music until 01:30.
It was noted that the applicant had included the appropriate steps to promote the four licensing objectives as part of the application.
It was noted that, following a consultation period, only recommendations and observations to the application had been received and not objections. Reference was made to observations received by Llanbedrog Community Council, North Wales Police, North Wales Fire and Rescue Service and Gwynedd Council's Public Protection Department.
b) In considering the application, the following procedure was followed:-
· Members of the Sub-committee and the applicant were given an opportunity to ask questions of the Licensing Manager.
· The applicant was invited to expand on the application.
· Consultees were given an opportunity to submit their observations
· The licensee, or his representative, was invited to respond to the observations
· Members of the Sub-committee were given an opportunity to ask questions of the licensee
of the Sub-committee were given an opportunity to ask questions of the
c) In expanding on the application, the applicant noted that he was happy with what had been submitted and reiterated the following observations:
· Outside investors now ... view the full minutes text for item 4.