Venue: Ystafell Glyder Fawr, Council Offices, Penrallt, Caernarfon, Gwynedd. LL55 1BN. View directions
Contact: Lowri Haf Evans 01286 679878
To receive any apologies for absence.
An apology was received from Mr Ian Williams (North Wales Police)
DECLARATION OF PERSONAL INTEREST
To receive any declaration of personal interest.
None to note.
To note any items that are a matter of urgency in the view of the Chairman for consideration.
None to note.
2, MITRE PLACE, PWLLHELI, LL53 5HE
To consider the above application
On behalf of the premises: Mr Fatih Yilmaz a Mrs Mary Yilmaz
a) The Licensing Department's Report
The report of the Licensing Manager was presented, giving details of an application for a premises licence for 2, Mitre Place, Pwllheli. The application was made in respect of the provision of hot food as late night refreshment to be consumed on and off the premises. It was highlighted that the premises owners had held a premises licence with Gwynedd Council since 2005. It was noted that a licence to sell hot food was previously held on the premises, and that the hours noted on the application were no different to the hours noted on that licence.
Attention was drawn to the details of the licensed activities and the proposed hours in the report. It was noted that Licensing Authority officers had sufficient evidence that the application had been submitted in accordance with the requirements of the Licensing Act 2003 and the relevant regulations.
Reference was made to the measures recommended by the applicant to promote the licensing objectives along with the responses received during the consultation period.
It was noted that two letters had been received objecting to the application due to concerns that the proposed licensed activities would undermine two of the licensing objectives – preventing public nuisance and preventing crime and disorder. It was highlighted that a late e-mail had been received from the Fire Service, but that it had no objection to the application.
In considering the application, the following procedure was adhered to:
· Members of the Sub-committee and the applicant were given the opportunity to ask questions of the Licensing Manager.
· The applicant was invited to expand on the application.
· Consultees were given an opportunity to present their observations
· The licensee, or their representative, was invited to respond to the observations.
· Members of the Sub-committee were given an opportunity to ask questions of the licensee.
· Members of the Sub-committee were given an opportunity to ask questions of the consultees.
b) In expanding on the application, the applicants noted that they were happy with what had been submitted. It was highlighted that the previous licence holder had surrendered the licence during the period of time when the applicants were purchasing the premises.
They added the following observations:
· That they lived locally and were taking advantage of the opportunity to purchase their own property
· That they were relocating the business from a nearby street
· That they had experience of running a business
· It was confirmed that CCTV would be available
In response to a question regarding adding a rear entrance to the premises, it was noted that discussions had been held with neighbours and that plans were under-way to extend the roof, to add a door to the rear of the building, and to redesign the interior. It was noted that discussions had been held with the Public Protection Enforcement Officer with regard to re-registering the building as it had been closed for two years.
In response ... view the full minutes text for item 4.