Venue: Ystafell Gwyrfai - Pencadlys Caernarfon. View directions
Contact: Lowri Haf Evans 01286 679878
To receive any apologies for absence.
None to note
DECLARATION OF PERSONAL INTEREST
To receive any declaration of personal interest.
None to note
To note any items that are a matter of urgency in the view of the Chairman for consideration.
None to note
TY COFFI, 23a STRYD FAWR, Y BALA, LL23 7LU
To consider the application
APPLICATION FOR PREMISES LICENCE - Tŷ Coffi, 23a High Street, Bala, Gwynedd
On behalf of the premises: Mrs Linda Williams (Applicant) and Mrs Rachel Williams (Applicant's Representative and Manager of Plas yn Dre, Bala), Mared Llwyd (Public Protection Enforcement Officer)
a) The Licensing Department's Report
Submitted – the report of the Licensing Manager giving details of the application for a premises licence for Tŷ Coffi, 23a High Street, Bala. The application had been made in relation to playing live and recorded music and indoor and outdoor dance performances; supply of alcohol on the premises only. The intention was to run the premises as a coffee shop and family café.
Attention was drawn to the details of the licensed activities and the proposed hours in the report. It was noted that Licensing Authority officers had sufficient evidence that the application had been submitted in accordance with the requirements of the Licensing Act 2003 and the relevant regulations.
Reference was made to the measures recommended by the applicant to promote the licensing objectives along with the responses received during the consultation period.
It was noted that one letter of objection had been received from the Public Protection Unit due to concerns regarding noise control and public nuisance. It was highlighted that a compromise had been accepted by the applicant who had agreed not to hold any entertainment outside the premises and to limit the licence to acoustic entertainment only inside the premises. The officer confirmed that this was acceptable.
In considering the application, the following procedure was adhered to:-
· Members of the Sub-committee and the applicant were given an opportunity to ask questions to the Licensing Manager.
· The applicant was invited to expand on the application
· Consultees were given an opportunity to present their observations
· The licensee, or his/her representative, was invited to respond to the observations
· Members of the Sub-committee were given an opportunity to ask questions to the licensee.
· Members of the Sub-committee were given an opportunity to ask questions to the consultees
b) In expanding on the application, the applicant noted that she was happy with what had been presented
She added the following observations:
· That she was willing not to host music events outside and would apply for a temporary licence if the need arose.
· That only acoustic music would be played indoors and therefore this would reduce nuisance.
· That Tŷ Coffi and Plas yn Dre were part of the same company.
· That a number of residents lived in close proximity and above the premises who were tenants to the company and therefore they did not want to disturb them with noise.
· That guests stayed at Plas yn Dre (next door to the premises) and therefore they did want any noise to disturb them either.
· That she agreed with the condition to keep the doors and windows closed when music /entertainment is playing.
· It was agreed to receive deliveries of goods and to clear bottles / refuse at specific times.
In response to a question regarding ... view the full minutes text for item 4.